- Cost Recovery
- Control your existing resources,
- Reallocate resources to make “head room”.
- Then, ask for additional help.
Our capabilities come from having:
- developed budgets for WANs, MANs, LANs, platforms, applications, datacenter, departmental, business unit, and user groups.
- led cost recovery efforts to extract sunken funds from the “dead or dying” to fuel the “new and necessary”.
- reconciled budget to actual, projected actual to next year, and other similar analyses. Many times!
- created requests for new resources. (After having had many experiences being grilled, make requests stand up to questioning and scrutiny.)
Observation: You can only ask for more “bandwidth”, if you demonstrate you are in control, if you have “squeezed”, and if you have a “tight” case.
— 30 —